VMware : Could not get vmci driver version
I recently faced one issue. While starting my VM in VMware workstation 12 in Windows 10, I got the following error:
You can resolve it as follows :
- Go to VM directory, i.e., folder in which you have saved VM disk images.
- Open directory of the VM that you want to start
- Open .vmx file in editor – VMware virtual machine configuration (.vmx) of that
- Change the parameter
vmci0.present = "TRUE"
vmci0.present = "FALSE"
- Save the file
- Now open the VM, it should work.
- When I booted the VM, networking was not functioning properly.
- So I had to reset the network to defaults, after which my networking started to work properly.
- You can do so as following :
- Open Virtual Network Editor.
- Select Change Settings.
- Select Restore Defaults.
- I am not sure that you would also face network issue.
- But, if you do face network issue, please make sure that you know what you are doing.
- As resetting the network would remove all the modification done to VMware network. Don’t reset it to defaults, unless you know what you are doing.